Monday, September 19, 2011

Elizabeth Jewelry up for Auction

Christie will soon auction some of Elizabeth Taylor’s much loved jewels. A fine actress and humanitarian, Taylor had a special corner in her heart for jewelry. She had one of the finest collections of the rarest jewels in the world.

148335757

This December, New York’s designer jewelry brand; Christie will auction 12 fine piece of jewelry from her collection, that are all together estimated to be worth $30 million.

"These are the jewels that Elizabeth Taylor received from the loves of her life, Mike Todd and Richard Burton," said Christie's jewellery expert Rahul Kadakia. "They're from moments in life that were dear to her."

Taylor loved and greatly cherished her jewelry. In her book, ‘My love affair with jewelry’ she wrote "I never, never thought of my jewellery as trophies, I'm here to take care of them and to love them. When I die and they go off to auction I hope whoever buys them gives them a really good home."